Mitsubishi Pajero 2013: Should Mitsubishi cover the cost of the fan belt replacement?
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2013
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Off road
Asked by David Bange
Driving on Fraser Island the fan belt on my 2013 Mitsubishi Pajero failed leaving me without an alternator and water pump. I contacted my dealer and was questioned as to why it had failed. They said the warranty would cover the cost of the part and labour to install. When I returned and presented the bill to the dealer they said they could not cover it because the island mechanic had charged me too much, and it was a simple job to change a belt. I believe they should pay the total cost plus the cost of installing a genuine belt to replace the one fitted on the island and replace the coolant that was lost. Am I expecting too much?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Sep 2015
In the old days we would never have left home without a spare fan belt in the boot and the tools needed to change it on the side of the road. I'm actually surprised that a fan belt, being a consumable, would be covered by the warranty at all, but as they you say they agreed to cover the cost of replacing it I would approach Mitsubishi directly through its customer assistance people and request a refund of your money.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero problems
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- What is causing my 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero to blow black smoke, jolt through gears and only go 60km/h?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2002: Is 324,000kms too many?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2010: What problems are there with this model?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: What can I claim from insurance?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009: Why isn't the accelerator working?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2003: Why is the four-wheel drive symbol flashing?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Chinese electric cars: Top five electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Chinese electric cars: Top five electric vehicles from China
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?