My Ford Fiesta's transmission is making a bad sound
Asked by Matthew
About a year ago we purchased a 2012 Ford Fiesta from a Toyota dealership. It had 60,000 km on the clock and is now up to 100,000. The transmission has recently starting making a very horrendous sound and shuddering in between gears.
I have seen a lot of articles that Ford is at fault for these gearbox/transmission problems and was wondering if they are responsible for repairing this. I currently have the car at a transmission shop about to be removed and inspected.
Answered by CarsGuide14 Sep 2018
There have been a lot of problems with the auto transmission in that model, so contact Ford and request help with replacing the transmission. I wouldn’t take the transmission out before you get an answer from Ford, as they might ask you to take it to a Ford dealer for inspection. Taking the ’box out could compromise your case.
Other Ford Fiesta problems
- Ford Fiesta 2012: What are the replacement intervals for the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2011: When should I change the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2010: Where to buy a spare tyre?
- Ford Fiesta: Key fob replacement
- Ford Fiesta 2011: Broken transmission