Mitsubishi Pajero 2007: Clutch replacement
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2007
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Car Servicing
- 7 seater
Asked by David Rant
The clutch in my 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero needed replacing after just 39,000 km, which I believe is unsatisfactory given it has only been used for suburban and country motoring and hasn't done any towing. Mitsubishi claim it is normal wear and tear and thus not covered by their warranty. Prior to this I had a Subaru Forester, which had 104,000 km on the odometer when I sold it and was still on the original clutch, which would suggest that Mitsubishi components are of a somewhat questionable quality. I have also contacted the Dept. Of Fair Trading but they were unable to assist. What are your thoughts?
Answered by CarsGuide29 Nov 2011
Clutches are a regular complaint item at Carsguide, but determining what is acceptable life for a clutch is difficult because it depends so much on use and that varies from owner to owner. I would regard 39,000 km as unacceptable in normal use, but to argue your case would be a long and frustrating thing to do and I would fit a heavy-duty aftermarket clutch, which should give you better service.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero problems
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- What is causing my 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero to blow black smoke, jolt through gears and only go 60km/h?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2002: Is 324,000kms too many?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2010: What problems are there with this model?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: What can I claim from insurance?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009: Why isn't the accelerator working?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2003: Why is the four-wheel drive symbol flashing?
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia