Kluger prone to wheelspin
- Toyota Kluger
- Toyota Kluger 2012
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
- 7 seater
Asked by Darron O'Brien
I have a couple of issues with the 2012 Toyota Kluger I have just purchased. It has 68,000km on the clock. There seems to be so much power that even a light touch on the accelerator on take off causes wheelspin, and both the front doors creak when being opened. Being new to this type of vehicle I am wondering if it has something to do with heavy-duty trailer work due to the presence of an electronically controlled independent trailer-braking button on the dash.
Answered by CarsGuide17 Jul 2015
With traction control etc. it shouldn't be prone to wheel spinning as you suggest it is. I would have the electronics checked to make sure all is in order in that area. As for the creaking doors, I wouldn't expect the doors to be creaking because of heavy towing. In fact I wouldn't expect them to be creaking at all at 68,000km and only three years old. I would suspect it's been used on rough roads in the bush.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
- What mid-size SUV has the power to tow a small caravan?
- Toyota Kluger 2019: Why are my seats making so much noise?
- Toyota Kluger 2015: Does it have inbuilt GPS?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Will there be a 2020 model of the Toyota Kluger?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
When to use low range in your 4x4