Isuzu MU-X 2016: Problems after servicing
- Isuzu MU-X
- Isuzu MU-X 2016
- Isuzu Advice
- Isuzu MU-X Reviews
- Isuzu SUV Range
- 7 seater
- Car Servicing
Asked by Gavin
Just recently had the 190,000km service done on my 2016 Isuzu MU-X and just started to take notice of a squealing/screeching noise just after a gear change happens or when I’m opting to use manual mode. At first I thought it was a suspension noise, but then I started to make it happen and controlled when it happened by selecting gears in manual or auto. This would not happen every gear shift, but in a random way. I am concerned that there is a problem brewing.
Answered by CarsGuide14 Mar 2020
Any odd or new noises from an automatic transmission are, indeed, bad noises Gavin. Squealing or screeching from the gearbox can be caused by any number of things, but none of them are good and none of them are likely to go away on their own.
To be honest, I’ve heard of more problems with the Isuzu’s manual gearbox, with the fifth-gear synchro dragging and making a dry-bearing noise. The first thing I’d do is interrogate the car’s on-board computer to see if any fault codes show up and take it from there.
Other Isuzu MU-X problems
- I have a Izuzu MU-X with which I tow a full-sized caravan. Isuzu does not recommend or advise the use of a Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH). Do you have any advice?
- When towing, is it better to run the gearbox in fourth or fifth gear?
- What car should I get to tow a 22-foot caravan around Australia?
- Is it worth waiting for the new Isuzu MU-X?
- Why is my 2017 Isuzu MU-X struggling to make power?
- What does the "check system" error code mean in the Isuzu M-UX?
- Why is the fuel consumption of my 2019 Isuzu MU-X getting worse?
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- New vs used
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- P plate legal cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Isuzu
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
New vs used
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
P plate legal cars in Australia