Is my car running on bad fuel?
Asked by Louis
I partially filled up my 2001 Nissan Pulsar last week, and ever since it seems to be running roughly. It noticeably shudders at start-up and when stopped, as well as being sluggish to accelerate.
Would it be reasonable to attribute this to bad fuel, or could there be another issue that needs addressing?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Sep 2018
It could be due to bad fuel. Run it out as best you can, or drain the tank, and refill with fresh fuel from another servo, preferably one that sells a lot of fuel so you can be confident the fuel is fresh.
If it still does it then look for other causes, such as fuel filter, fuel pump, air filter, throttle body, spark plugs.
Other Nissan Pulsar problems
- Why don't the gears shift in my 1996 Nissan Pulsar?
- Why does the gear stick randomly go into reverse in my 2013 Nissan Pulsar?
- Nissan Pulsar 2005: Why is there a banging sound when I start the car?
- Nissan Pulsar 2002: Why is it revving while the car is idling?
- Nissan Pulsar 2014: Why is my car leaking coolant?