Is it worth waiting for the new Isuzu MU-X?
- Isuzu MU-X
- Isuzu MU-X 2020
- Isuzu MU-X 2021
- Isuzu Advice
- Isuzu MU-X Reviews
- Isuzu Commercial Range
- Isuzu Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Brian
We are close to putting a deposit down on the Isuzu MU-X as it is on runout pricing. But with your experience on the new D-Max, do you think it would be worth waiting (and spending an extra $6000a) for the new model as it is likely to be fairly similar?
Answered by CarsGuide15 Apr 2021
When the new D-Max arrived in 2020, the big improvements included a step up in standard equipment and a big leap forward in refinement and ride quality. The engine and driveline, however, was carried over from the previous model, so performance and driveability were similar.
With that in mind, you can probably expect the all-new MU-X to offer a similar hike in standard equipment terms. But unlike the D-Max with its rear leaf springs, the MU-X already features coil springs all around, so there may not be quite the same boost to refinement or ride quality. That said, it’s unlikely Isuzu would go backwards in this department. If you can live without the creature comforts, then a run-out deal on the old model seems like a pretty good idea. It really all depends on how much importance you place on having the latest and greatest.
Other Isuzu MU-X problems
- Why is my 2017 Isuzu MU-X struggling to make power?
- What does the "check system" error code mean in the Isuzu M-UX?
- Why is the fuel consumption of my 2019 Isuzu MU-X getting worse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2016: Problems after servicing
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2018: How much can my car tow?
- Isuzu MU-X 2017: How do I fix broken back seats?
- What SUV should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Isuzu
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers