Nissan Navara 2014: Oil leak
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan News
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
Asked by Ken
The turbocharger has developed an oil leak to the V6 diesel in my 2014 Nissan Navara. The car is out of warranty, has done 100,000 km in one year, and serviced every 10,000 km. Nissan has offered to pay for half of the cost of replacement, which is $4000. Repair shouldn't happen for car of this age? I'm not happy with Nissan.
Answered by CarsGuide30 Mar 2018
There’s no rule about when cars should or shouldn’t need repair. That Nissan has offered you a deal to cover half the cost of a replacement turbocharger is tantamount to an admission that the turbocharger shouldn’t have failed at that distance. If you feel that Nissan’s offer isn’t up to scratch take them to VCAT.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Accelerator failure code
- Nissan Navara 2011: Why does it go into limp mode?
- Nissan Navara 2008: Where is the device for opening the bonnet?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Infotainment system not working since July upgrade