Is it normal for five year-old Mercedes sensors to go out?
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Hatchback Range
Asked by Matt
A brake sensor, which is crucial to the ABS and ESC, has failed on my 2012 Mercedes-Benz B-Class after only five years. Is this typical? Would the manufacturer be willing to contribute to the cost of the repair?
Answered by CarsGuide2 Feb 2018
It’s not a common failure, and I doubt that Mercedes-Benz would contribute to the cost of repairs.
Other Mercedes-Benz B-Class problems
- What would be a comparable small SUV to the B200 Mercedes Benz?
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2016: Can I use conventional tyres?
- B180 or ASX a better used buy?
- Softening B200 ride
- Benz B200 CDI stranded