Hyundai Getz 2009: Incorrect fuel consumption
- Hyundai Getz
- Hyundai Getz 2009
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai Getz Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Jan Logan
We bought a brand new 2009 Hyundai Getz 3 door 1.4 litre automatic because it was small and it was claimed to have fuel consumption of approx. 20 km/litre, which we reckon is about 9-10 L/100 km. When we did a fuel consumption test it only worked out to 9.4 km per litre. They stated that this was the norm. Hope you can help us.
Answered by CarsGuide1 Feb 2013
Carmakers don't make claims in km/litre terms, so I don't know who made the claim of 20 km/litre. The official claimed fuel consumptions for your car is 6.9 L/100 km, which makes it 14.5 km/litre if you convert it to your terms. The official figures come from a standard laboratory test that every carmaker does and they're meant to be purely for comparison purposes to allow you to compare car to car, model to model, they're not a real life measure of fuel consumption. You need to recheck your actual fuel consumption before you take it back to the dealer. That way you know what it really is, and you would have something meaningful you could discuss with them.
Other Hyundai Getz problems
- I need to change the oil on my Hyundai Getz. What type should I use and how do you do it?
- Hyundai Getz 2007: Price guide
- Hyundai Getz 2009: which version had stability control?
- Hyundai Getz 2008: Are there any problems?
- Hyundai Getz 2010: Excessive fuel use
- Hyundai Getz 2002: Jerky acceleration
- Hyundai Getz 2005: Rear window locked
- Hyundai Getz 2010: Coolant replacement recommendations?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with S
- Cars that start with D
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with K
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with S
Cars that start with D
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with K
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G