Holden Ute wipers shudder
- Holden EJ
- Holden HK
- Holden HJ
- Holden HJ 1975
- Holden Advice
- Holden EJ Reviews
- Holden HK Reviews
- Holden HJ Reviews
- Holden Commercial Range
- Holden Ute Range
Asked by Reg Buchanan
The wipers on my restored 1975 HJ Holden Ute shudder across the windscreen on the downward stroke, particularly in light or easing rain. The complete mechanism was restored as best I could to eliminate any wear induced play, plus I've fitted new blade assemblies and a new screen. I've tried RAIN-X, which makes the water bead and run off, but doesn't stop the shuddering. What can I do to eliminate it?
Answered by CarsGuide29 Mar 2012
They shuddered when they were new, the problem is that they're not flipping over when they should at the top of the stroke and they're forced back across the windscreen against the grain if you like. Look at the blades and the way they are mounted on the arms and make sure they are free to change angle when they change direction.
Other Holden problems
- Are there any risks or problems buying a 2011 Holden Captiva vehicle?
- Does my 2013 Holden Cruze have a transmission control unit issue?
- Why has my 2014 Holden Colorado suddenly stopped working?
- Why is the clutch in my 2013 Holden Barina Spark making a clicking noise?
- I'm looking at buying a 2014 Holden Cruze should I be worried about high kilometres on the clock?
- Why is there a change in noise when I switch from two to four-wheel-drive in my Holden Colorado 2013?
- Why is my 2006 Holden Cruze is stuck in Park?
- My 2004 Holden Cruze manual is getting oil in the number two spark plug tube. Where could it be coming from?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia