Ford Fiesta 2012: How to get Ford to buy it back?
Asked by Krista
I've been reading up on the Ford Fiesta and its transmission/gearbox/shudder issue. I've had this replaced three times now. I am nervous to drive my car and waiting for it to start happening for a fourth time. I've read that some people had Ford buy their car back/give their money back. I've made three claims now and they are not offering much and have valued my 2012 car initially at $2000 and now $2500. I've looked after my car and it has low km, about 30,500 km. I believe I should be at least getting value for a car of that is in perfect condition with no problems, as this is not my problem, it's Fords. Why should I be disadvantaged for something they are unable to fix?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Feb 2018
You’re in a situation in which you have to negotiate a settlement with Ford. Obviously you haven’t been able to achieve a satisfactory outcome, so it might be worth considering joining the class action suit that is running on this issue. At least then you would part of a group with the strength of numbers rather than an individual alone. Phone 1300 226 647 for info.
Other Ford Fiesta problems
- Ford Fiesta 2012: What are the replacement intervals for the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2011: When should I change the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2010: Where to buy a spare tyre?
- Ford Fiesta: Key fob replacement
- Ford Fiesta 2011: Broken transmission
- Ford Fiesta 2011: Is a transmission malfunction covered by Ford?
- Which hatchback should I buy?
- My Ford Fiesta's transmission is making a bad sound