Family SUV for $50k?
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C 200
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 200
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 2014
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 2016
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2001
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 2015
- Mercedes-Benz C200 2001
- Mercedes-Benz GLA200 2014
- Mercedes-Benz GLA200 2015
- Mercedes-Benz GLA200 2016
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250 2014
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250 2015
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250 2016
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45 2014
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45 2015
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz C 200 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz GLA45 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Sedan Range
- Mercedes-Benz SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Di Husband
I am a grandmother, 66, and I need two car seats in my car for my grandchildren who I mind regularly. I have a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C200 Elegance station wagon which I absolutely love as I can be independent in carting things about. I have the car serviced regularly by an amazing man in South Melbourne, who tells me it will go forever if I look after it, but I feel it is starting to get a little old and may not be as reliable in the near future. I can spend about $50,000 on a new car, plus any trade-in I might get, but haven't got a clue what to purchase. I don't need a car as large as the one I have but would like five doors, as this means I can still have the two car seats in the back and also a load area.
Answered by CarsGuide7 Mar 2016
For me, your best choice would be a Mercedes-Benz GLA (above left). It is the SUV of the baby Benz range, with good space and comfort, the space, safety and seats you need with a hatch to get access to the boot. It definitely gets The Tick from me.
Other Mercedes-Benz GLA 200 problems
- Mercedes-Benz GLA200 2014: Should I be using a diesel fuel particulate conditioner?
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 200: Oil leak
- Best car for me and my grandchildren
- Downsizing from a ML350d?
- Poor vision from modern cars
Most viewed in Advice
- How do electric cars work?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mercedes-Benz
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
How do electric cars work?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?