Early model Ford Territory recall service
- Ford Territory
- Ford Territory 2005
- Ford Advice
- Ford Territory Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Luke Whitby
I've recently received a quote of $2500-plus from my Ford dealership of to fix the front and rear diff bushes on my 2005 Ford Territory. Since receiving the quote I have spoken to a friend of mine who also has a Ford Territory who had the same problem but were able to get it fixed for free due to a recall on the bushes in the 2007 model. She told me she was informed that the recall wasn't just for her '07 model, but a range of models and I'm enquiring today to see if you know any information about the matter and if my '05 model is also covered?
Answered by CarsGuide3 Jun 2016
The recall was to inspect the front-end on the Territory when it became obvious there was a widespread problem with the front lower balljoints wearing out prematurely. It related to the early models, which included yours. It was an inspection and some balljoints that were worn were replaced, but it didn't fix the problem. The balljoints still wear and as a rule require replacement every 75,000 km or so for the rest of the car's life. There was change to the design of the Territory front-end in in 2010 and that fixed the problem. I doubt you'll have any joy getting Ford to replace the joints for you free of charge; your car is now 11 years old and well out of warranty.
Other Ford Territory problems
- Why won't my 2005 Ford Territory transmission move forward or reverse?
- Ford Territory Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Ford Territory?
- Why is the transmission in my 2016 Ford Territory intermittently down-shifting?
- Does the 2008 Ford Territory RWD have electric steering?
- Why won't my Ford Territory go into reverse when cold?
- How do I activate the alarm system in my 2012 Ford Territory?
- The software in my 2015 Ford Territory is not working.
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia