Do trade-in valuations consider added options?
- Lexus IS
- Lexus IS 300h
- Lexus IS 2013
- Lexus IS300h 2013
- Lexus Advice
- Lexus IS Reviews
- Lexus IS 300h Reviews
- Lexus Sedan Range
- Family Cars
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
- Buying tips
- Selling tips
Asked by Con Chronopoulos
I have noticed that trade-in valuation sites on the Internet do not give you the option to tick if you have options fitted to a car. I have a $10,000 enhancement pack fitted on my 2013 Lexus IS300h Luxury and when I had the vehicle valued at Lexus I was only offered the lowest price on a vehicle without any options on the Internet sites. Are additional options fitted on a new vehicle reflected when trading in the vehicle, or are they a waste of money? Are you better off purchasing a higher model with the options standard when trade in time comes around?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jun 2016
The trade-in valuations generally don't take options into account, that's consider covered by the range that goes along with the valuation. The trade-in guide on your car is $28,000-$31,500. You should also remember that it's a guide only, and there's no reason why you shouldn't negotiate a better price, and to shop around to get the best price you can. You are better off buying a higher model with everything fitted to it than a lesser model and then optioning it up. It will always be the lesser model, no matter what's fitted to it.
Other Lexus IS problems
- Lexus IS200 2002: Is it worth keeping my car is issues are starting to arise?
- Do trade-in valuations consider added options?
- Mustang, 370Z, IS350F, 86 or MX-5?
- Lexus or Mercedes-Benz?
- Lexus IS350 premature brake disc wear
- Lexus IS250 sloppy speedo
- Speedo in Lexus 250
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Lexus
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing