B180 or ASX a better used buy?
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class
- Mercedes-Benz B 180
- Mitsubishi ASX 2015
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2011
- Mercedes-Benz B180 2011
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi ASX Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz B 180 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Hatchback Range
- Mercedes-Benz SUV Range
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Pat
I'm looking at a used 2011 Mercedes-Benz B180 that’s done 93,000 km. I usually travel 115 km each day and I'm wondering if the car is up to this? Does this model have a reversing camera, Bluetooth? Are parts, repairs and services at a fair cost? The asking price is $17,990. Do you think this a good deal? I'm also looking at a 2015 Mitsubishi ASX for $19,990. Which is the better buy?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Jan 2017
The price is a little high; I wouldn’t pay any more than $15,000 for it. There’s no question about it doing 115 km a day, but at that rate the kilometres would quickly climb and you’d soon be in the danger zone where problems are more likely to occur. That’s where you would strike the problem of expensive parts, repairs and servicing. You would need an independent mechanic to look after it at a reasonable rate. Bluetooth was standard, but a reversing camera was optional. I wouldn’t recommend it. At $19,900 the ASX is a better buy.
Other Mercedes-Benz B-Class problems
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2016: Can I use conventional tyres?
- Is it normal for five year-old Mercedes sensors to go out?
- B180 or ASX a better used buy?
- Softening B200 ride
- Benz B200 CDI stranded
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mercedes-Benz
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia