After-market protection items for Toyota Kluger
- Toyota Kluger
- Toyota Kluger 2014
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Buying tips
- 7 seater
Asked by Stephen Harrington
I am buying a new Toyota Kluger and the dealer has suggested a number of after-market protection items, including external surface coating, leather/vinyl preserver, carpet/fabric protector and full window tint. The packages costs up to $1995. I am dubious about these things but would appreciate your thoughts.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Dec 2014
You're right to be dubious. Ask yourself, and the dealer if you dare, is Toyota's paint so poor that it needs this so-called protection, is the quality of its leather so appalling that it needs extra care, is the carpet rubbish and in need of special care. I think not. It's upselling, plain and simple, and I wouldn't part with my hard-earned cash for something that isn't needed. If you really want it get the dealer to throw it in for free.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
- What mid-size SUV has the power to tow a small caravan?
- Toyota Kluger 2019: Why are my seats making so much noise?
- Toyota Kluger 2015: Does it have inbuilt GPS?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Will there be a 2020 model of the Toyota Kluger?
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Aluminium vs steel ute trays: pros and cons...
- Why choose an Extra Cab ute instead of a...
- What your driving record means for you, and...
- ANCAP safety ratings explained
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- The ultimate accessories for your Ford Ranger
- How to choose the right car to maximise...
- Capped price servicing explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Aluminium vs steel ute trays: pros and cons of each
Why choose an Extra Cab ute instead of a Single Cab or Dual Cab?
What your driving record means for you, and how to check yours
ANCAP safety ratings explained
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
The ultimate accessories for your Ford Ranger
How to choose the right car to maximise resale value
Capped price servicing explained