Toyota Land Cruiser: vibrating in top gear
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2015
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2015
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ian Jeffrey
I’m writing regarding a vibration I'm experiencing in my new Toyota LandCruiser. Right from driving away from the showroom when it gets into top gear there is a vibration like a harmonic vibration. The best way I can describe it is that it is a bit like a galloping horse. A technician agreed there was a vibration but insisted it was because these vehicles were designed to travel at higher speeds than we do here in Australia and this was to be expected because it was “labouring", to which I argued that if this was the case it was a poor design. A week or two later I received a letter in the mail from my Toyota dealer supporting the tech’s comments. If you could advise or assist in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jan 2016
Toyota Australia spokesman, Steve Coughlan replies: “From our records, Brighton Toyota has reported a very light vibration at speed consistent with when the torque convertor lock-up clutch engages. To fully understand the issue we will arrange for one of our Technical Field Managers to contact Mr Jeffrey and assess the vehicle. A member of the team will contact him to set up a meeting”.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009: Why is my car beeping when I touch the brake pedal?
- What is the bet car for towing?
- Toyota Land Cruiser GXL 2018: Auto transmission issues
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia