Subaru Forester: Should I get a turbo?
- Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2019
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Subaru SUV Range
- Buyers Guide
- Buying tips
Asked by Joel
I am thinking about getting a Subaru Forester. I need to know what the difference is between the turbo and non-turbo. Am I missing out on some major performance if I get the non-turbo? Also, what should I specifically be wary of when in search for a used Forester?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Dec 2018
There are three petrol engines in the current Forester range, beginning with the 2.0-litre non-turbo engine, which boasts 110 kW, will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 10.6 seconds and has a top speed of 190 km//h. Step up to the 2.5-litre engine, also a non-turbo, and it has 126 kW, will accelerate to 100 km/h in 9.9s, and has a top speed of 196 km/h. The top performer is the 2.0-litre turbo model with 177 kW, an acceleration time of 7.5s, and a top speed of 210 km/h. So, yes you are missing out on some serious performance if you choose not to buy the turbo. When buying a used Forester look for an engine that consumes more oil than normal, and check for signs of use off-road.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- Cruise-control not working in 2015 Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers