Should I buy a Subaru Forester or Volvo XC6?
- Subaru Forester
- Volvo XC60
- Subaru Forester 2014
- Volvo XC60 2014
- Volvo XC60 2013
- Subaru Advice
- Volvo Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Volvo XC60 Reviews
- Subaru SUV Range
- Volvo SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Luke
I'm looking at buying a used SUV and after a lot of research the two options I'm considering are the Subaru Forester XT Premium 2014-now or Volvo XC60 Luxury petrol 2013-now. I can spend up to $35,000 max, which means a 2013-2014 Volvo XC60 or the 2014-2015 Forester XT Premium. I've driven the Forester and it's a great car, especially the XT Premium, which has all the bells and whistles. The Volvo has the design appeal, but I read once that your heart would choose the Volvo, but your head would say Subaru. Which would you choose and why? Things that are important to me are style, safety and features such as adaptive cruise control, rear camera, sunroof, good sound system. Other things are service costs. I have a practical side that says the Subaru will hold its value and be cheaper to service and maybe more reliable? Do you have an idea of Volvo vs. Subaru service costs?
Answered by CarsGuide13 Apr 2018
It’s hard to say one over the other, both appeal. The Forester is well built, it has all the features you want, and would be reliable. The Volvo has the style, the features, and would also be reliable, in the sense that there is nothing of a serious nature that could bite you on the backside down the track. As they’re both three to five years old they shouldn’t be expensive to service, particularly the Forester, which has capped-price servicing. I would go with your head and choose the Forester, but you have to like what you drive, and I could equally understand if you chose the Volvo. You wont go far wrong with either of them.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- Cruise-control not working in 2015 Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers