Mitsubishi ASX 2013: Faulty EGR valve
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Mitsubishi ASX 2013
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi ASX Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Janey
I have a 2013 Mitsubishi ASX Aspire diesel. Over the past nearly 10 months, it has had repeated issues of stalling, running rough and losing power while driving. This has now been identified as being caused by a faulty EGR valve. The dealership has had my vehicle for 10 weeks this time, and in all it’s been off the road for nearly four of the last nine months with this issue, which has only just been diagnosed. I understand that faulty EGR valves are a common problem with Mitsubishi engines, but my question is, does the servicing of the vehicle (regular book services) have any impact on the likelihood or otherwise of this issue occurring?
Answered by CarsGuide24 May 2019
As long as the servicing has been done according to the Mitsubishi service recommendations there should be no impact on the EGR problem.
Other Mitsubishi ASX problems
- How do I turn the service reminder off in my 2016 Mitsubishi ASX?
- Does the Mitsubishi ASX 2018 have a timing belt or chain?
- Why are there changes to the build of the 2021 Mitsubishi ASX LS?
- What is the power rating for a 2015 Mitsubishi ASX LS 2.3-litre diesel?
- Does my Mitsubishi ASX 2016 petrol have timing belt or chain?
- Why is the instrument display of my 2015 Mitsubishi ASX loosing power?
- Mitusibishi ASX LS 2018: What price does this car sell for?
- Mitsubishi ASX: How do I turn off a service reminder?