Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2018: Mercedes Me
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A 180
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2018
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2019
- Mercedes-Benz A180 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz A 180 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Hatchback Range
Asked by Adrian
I purchased a 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class in January 2019. The dealer told me at the time that I would be able to get the Mercedes Me functionality when it became available later in the year and we discussed various features I had seen in reviews and press releases. Fast forward to today and I am now being told that my car along with others may not have the functionality promised and it will be up to Mercedes as to if they will resolve it. Several other owners on the A-Class forum are in the same position so I wanted to ask if there is anything we can do? I believe the value of my car will be less than a similar car of the same spec because it doesn't have the connected functions that a 2019 will and this was not explained to us at the time of purchase.
Answered by CarsGuide17 May 2019
Your first port of call should be to Mercedes to register a claim for updating your car. It would help if you had the promise in writing, otherwise who is to say who said and promised what. If you feel strongly about it perhaps you could get other affected owners together and contact Mercedes as a group.
Other Mercedes-Benz A 180 problems
- Mercedes-Benz A180 2014: Broken valve spring
- Mercedes-Benz A180 coolant and temperature issue
- Luxury replacement for a Mazda 3
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Grey nomad caravans, camper-trailers,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mercedes-Benz
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Grey nomad caravans, camper-trailers, motorhomes, camper vans
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?