Hyundai Ioniq 2019: Should I purchase a petrol generator?
- Hyundai Ioniq
- Hyundai News
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Green Cars
Asked by Wilbur
Commuting from Bowral to Sydney CBD is 121 km so return would be 242, just within the range of Richard Blackburn’s trip in the 2019 Hyundai IONIQ to the Blue Mountains. I was intending to purchase a medium-sized petrol generator (15 amp = Level 2) with adaptors for the 15 amp outlet on the generator and keep it in the boot just in case. I would easily get another 20 km with a half hour break and would never be stuck. The makers of the generator assure me the output is sinewave and very safe to charge computers and phones so should be safe for the car. What do you think?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Mar 2019
I wouldn't like to advise you, I suggest you talk to the experts at Hyundai who should be able to help.
Other Hyundai problems
- Hyundai i30 2010: Why can I smell exhaust fumes in my car?
- What trim level is my 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
- What engine replacement will work in my 2015 Hyundai iX35?
- Why is my 2013 Hyundai i30 consuming so much fuel?
- Should I buy a Kia Sorento 2020?