Ford Transit front inner-tyre wear
- Ford Transit
- Ford Transit 2006
- Ford Advice
- Ford Transit Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford People mover Range
- People mover
- Family Cars
Asked by Karen Pedler, SA.
My 2006 Ford Transit van is chewing out the inside of the front tyres. At first it was only the driver's side, so I had a wheel alignment done, but now the passenger side is also doing it. The tyres have almost full tread, but they’re bald on the inner shoulders, rendering them useless. This is going to be ridiculously expensive if this continues, so any advice would be much appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Aug 2015
It sounds like an alignment problem, or a problem with the suspension collapsing and throwing out the alignment. You need to have it checked by a suspension specialist.
Other Ford Transit problems
- Why isn't the turbo in my 2018 Ford Transit working?
- Why will my 1999 Ford Transit only start when the accelerator is all the way down?
- Ford Transit Custom Sport: Is it available in Australia?
- Is the Ford Transit Connect front wheel drive?
- How long is a Ford Transit Connect?
- Where is the Ford Transit Connect made?
- Does a 2002 Ford Transit have a cam belt or chain?
- Potential problems with a 2008 Transit
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers