Ford Falcon 2008: Not getting enough from tank of LPG
Asked by Tim
My 2008 Ford Falcon ute is a factory fitted LPG only. Most of its life I’ve only got about 350 km out of a tank of LPG. Various Ford service departments have told me there’s nothing wrong and when I asked is it because I’m doing very short trips I was told that this is most likely the reason so I believed them. Recently I had the tank inspected as it is now 10 years old and it started giving me near 500 km out of a tank. I later discovered this is because the battery was disconnected which reset the computer. Unfortunately this only lasts about for about three tanks and it reverts back to 310-350 km out of a tank. Unfortunately Ford are not interested, they just want to send me to a local LPG specialist and I’ve been to three of them so far and haven't been able to find the cause. I’d rather not get rid of it because I can’t afford another decent car. Can you help?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Mar 2019
Check the system to see which LPG company developed the system for Ford and take it to them for checking. If you are unsure which company made it contact Mercer Industries (03 8788 1000).
Other Ford Falcon problems
- What is the best type of oil to use in a 2009 Ford Falcon XR6T?
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia