Family SUV for small amounts of towing?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Toyota Kluger
- Kia Sorento
- Jeep Cherokee
- Jeep News
- Kia News
- Toyota News
- Jeep SUV Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Julie Batey
We are looking for a vehicle that can do family car duties and tow our small 750kg caravan (although we may upgrade to a bigger one). We have looked at and like the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk but I'm concerned about the cost of petrol if we take it long distances. The Kia Sorento was good but a mechanic told us to stay away as their engines blow up and are not a great make of car. The Toyota Kluger or Jeep Grand Cherokee are too big for our driveway.
Answered by CarsGuide7 Mar 2016
Your mechanic is wrong. The new Sorento has been out less than a year, has zero engine troubles and is the one I would pick.
Other Jeep Cherokee problems
- How much is my broken car worth?
- Why won't the cruise control engage in my 2014 Jeep Cherokee?
- Identifying an Engine light in 2003 Cherokee?
- My Cherokee is a lemon and Chrysler have offered me a deal, what should I expect?
- Possibility of adding extra seats to a Cherokee?