Ford Falcon 2003: New engine management chip
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Falcon 2003
- Ford Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Michael Scheel
We bought a BA Falcon XR turbo new in March 2003 and it has done about 180,000km. It has been looked after extremely well. However, we have been told the engine management chip is faulty and the component is no longer available from Ford. Our advice is that if an aftermarket unit is not available, the car can no longer be used. I find this unbelievable. Attempts to date to get a replacement have been unsuccessful. It would be a shame to take such a car to the tip.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Mar 2016
I suggest you telephone some wrecking yards — which are called car dismantlers these days — to see what's around. If any CarsGuide readers can help I will put them in touch. The code for the unit is 3R23-12A650-HH ABU-214.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- What is the best type of oil to use in a 2009 Ford Falcon XR6T?
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?