Best Porsche 911 for $40,000
- Porsche 911
- Porsche 911 2003
- Porsche Advice
- Porsche 911 Reviews
- Porsche Convertible Range
- Porsche Coupe Range
- Sports cars
Asked by John McGillivray
My wife has finally given in to my childhood dream to own a Porsche 911. I'm 50 in a few months and this will be my present. I'm looking at 2001-2003 model Carrera cabriolet with the Tiptronic auto. It's not going to be an everyday driver and with soft top mostly weekend drives in good weather. I read the 3.6-litre engine is the better engine and relatively trouble free. My budget is $40,000, but I might be able to squeeze a few more grand. I've seen a few 2003 models, but they have done lots of kilometres. Is there anything I should be looking for, obviously full service records etc. I'd love your thoughts and advice as I want to make this dream a good one and not a nightmare.
Answered by CarsGuide7 Aug 2015
You're in pretty safe territory with the Porsche, they're soundly engineered and well built. They give little trouble if they're properly serviced, although the cost of servicing can be high. It's a good idea to cosy up to a Porsche specialist for repairs and servicing to save a few bucks. Go for a car that might be a little older but in good condition rather than a later one that has been round the block a few times.
Other Porsche problems
- Have there been any reported issues with the 2015 Porsche Macan?
- What does the word Porsche mean?
- Are Porsche good and reliable cars?
- Prosche Macan S 2019: Software issue or mechanical?
- Porsche Boxster 1998: What to look for when buying?
- Porsche Cayenne: replacement key cost
- Who owns Skoda?
- Porsche Macan 2017: Should I upgrade it?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Porsche
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia