Episode 19 - "It's not that I panicked, but..."
In this episode:
- MUSK WATCH: Elon's flamethrowers are real and absolutely won't end badly, plus Woz (of Apple fame) says Tesla is made entirely of BS.
- Volkswagen, BMW and Daimler funded an institute that tested the effects of diesel engine emissions on monkeys, which is pretty messed up.
- F1 is getting rid of grid girls, which is good.
- The Bathurst 12 Hour is on this weekend, which, also, is good. Richard and Mitch will be there for OverSteer. Doing what? We don't know. Keep your eyes peeled.
- What's in our garage? Lots of stuff. We chat about what we've been driving and what we think about it.
- Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi Alliance beat out Volkswagen Group (VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bentley/Bugatti/Lamborghini/Porsche) in terms of global sales last year, Toyota/Lexus finished in third with General Motors (GMC/Chevrolet/Buick/Cadillac/Holden) in fourth. Also, Rest in Peace the single manufacturer.
- Takata airbags have claimed another life, this time in Malaysia. Please, please, please check if your car is affected and get in touch with your manufacturer about fixing it. This is actually important.
James Cleary, Mal Flynn and Matt Pritchard tear down, pressure test and rebuild the issues of the automotive week.
You can get in touch with us on Facebook, Twitter (#CGPodcast) and Instagram, or let us know if Richard and Mitch get a drive at Bathurst by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe to the CarsGuide Podcast on iTunes, find us on TuneIn, Stitcher, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Whooshka, and, naturally, the CarsGuide website.