Mitsubishi Triton 2011: Wiring loom warranty
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2011
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Don
I'm 12 months from retirement and to ensure future trouble free motoring I decided to purchase a new 2011 Mitsubishi Triton GLR dual-cab. Factoring in dealer service and running costs, I felt this was the best option with retirement just around the corner and a limited income imminent. After clocking up 96,000km the vehicle is still within the 130,000-service warranty parameter, but outside the three-year time warranty limit. Recently, the airbag warning light illuminated whilst driving, I promptly returned the vehicle to the dealership for investigation. I was informed that the fault was due to a defective wiring loom with a replacement cost of $800. I've contacted Mitsubishi Australia with my concerns, the forthcoming response being: unable to assist as vehicle is out of warranty. Apart from an unwanted $800 bill in retirement I feel this charge is unjustified owing to a wiring loom being a non-wearing part unlike belts bearings etc. I feel either the loom manufacture or installation must be the cause of this failure, not the time or distance travelled.
Answered by CarsGuide13 Apr 2018
You’re going to be hard-pressed to show that the problem was either a design or manufacturing problem, as it’s unlikely to be either. Even though the wiring loom just sits and doesn’t appear to be subjected to any stress it being subjected to all the bumps, vibrations and whatever else is happening through the vehicle in general. It could be a faulty connection; it could be any number of things. Pay up and get on with your retirement.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with E
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing