Why is the instrument display of my 2015 Mitsubishi ASX loosing power?
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Mitsubishi ASX 2015
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi ASX Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
Asked by Graham
Has anyone had a problem with relay R17 clicking intermittently causing DRLs to flicker and power being lost to parts of the instrument display? My car is a 2015 Mitsubishi ASX.
Answered by CarsGuide14 Oct 2020
Your problem may be related to a relay, but the usual cause of flickering DRLs and dashboard lighting (the LED type) is a faulty capacitor within the vehicle’s wiring loom. A faulty capacitor will deliver an unstable (fluctuating rather than steady) voltage to the LEDs and that’s what causes them to flicker.
Some owners choose to add an aftermarket section of wiring loom with a capacitor within it, but I’d first try to find the offending component in the car’s existing wiring and tackle the problem that way.
Other Mitsubishi ASX problems
- Does my Mitsubishi ASX 2016 petrol have timing belt or chain?
- Mitusibishi ASX LS 2018: What price does this car sell for?
- Mitsubishi ASX: How do I turn off a service reminder?
- Mitsubishi ASX 2013: What is a harmonic balancer?
- Mitsubishi ASX 2014: Problems with push-button
- Mitsubishi ASX 2013: Faulty EGR valve
- Toyota Aurion: What car is more comfortable?
- What's the best secondhand small SUV to buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Best small cars under $20,000