Why is my 2013 Volkswagen Polo GTi going into limp mode?
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo 2013
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Hot hatches
Asked by Christopher
I have a 2013 VW Polo GTI and my DSG box has been acting up since last year October. Every time when driving my car for about 10 to 13 km my shifting gear-change from Drive to spanner on the display, I am still able to drive my car even in traffic, but you can feel the difference in the performance. Recently, when I give it gas (petrol) the car feels like one of the plugs is not firing, normal pull away then it's fine, any solutions would be appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Mar 2018
The lack of performance you’re feeling is when the car goes into ‘limp’ mode because it has detected a problem. Take it to your VW dealer and have them run a diagnostic check on it, which should identify the cause of the problem.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- What can I do about the faulty AEB on my 2018 Volkswagen Polo?
- How is oil mixing with coolant in my 2015 Volkswagen Polo?
- My new used 2010 Volkswagen Polo already has problems, what should I do?
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
12 best EVs available in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4