Mazda BT-50 2017: Why is it dropping into limp mode?
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2017
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by Graeme
My 2017 Mazda BT-50 has dropped into limp mode numerous times. It has been to the dealer now six times, each time with a different cause logged on the diagnostic check, including accelerator position indicator, DPF not regenerated, DPF vaporiser solenoid failure, brake fault, and a number of unknowns as the fault is not kept in memory when the ignition is turned off. There is a strong correlation between failures occurring only when the ambient temp is above 28 C, cruise control, highway driving at speed limit, Drive not sport mode. Is this starting to look like a dodgy CPU and/or an engine management software issue, or something else?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jan 2018
With so many different causes logged on the diagnostic check you would have to think it’s something like the ECU, but it’s a hard one to diagnose. You really need to have it happen when the mechanic is there to witness it.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2019 Mazda BT-50 is losing traction?
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
Most viewed in Advice
- Electric car battery recycling explained
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Electric car battery recycling explained
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?