When should I service my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi?
- Suzuki Kizashi
- Suzuki Kizashi 2010
- Suzuki Advice
- Suzuki Kizashi Reviews
- Suzuki Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Brett
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jul 2021
Transmissions that are sealed for life always seem like a pretty big statement of faith from a manufacturer, don’t they? Unfortunately, that faith sometimes seems to be misplaced, at which point the car-maker has to issue a service bulletin and change the rules, usually after a number of failures. And automatic or CVT transmissions are a classic case.
That’s exactly what happened to Suzuki in the USA when it issued a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) to cover the US-market version of your car after enough owners reported CVT problems, usually in hot weather when the unit would start to act erratically. The TSB included the new information that, if the car was used in tough conditions, perhaps a CVT fluid change every 50,000km might not be a bad idea.
Given that Australia has similar levels of ambient heat to the US, I don’t think that’s bad advice for an Aussie Kizashi owner, either. Plenty of other car-makers have had to change their recommendations mid-stride, so it’s not just a Suzuki thing. But as any transmission specialist will tell you, heat kills automatics and CVTs, and that starts with a break-down of the fluid which, as well as providing the drive, also cost and lubricates the transmission. For the sake of the few dollars involved, I’d have the fluid in my CVT changed every 50,000km.
Other Suzuki Kizashi problems
- Can I customise the lane change signal on my Suzuki Kizashi?
- Is there any advantage to using 95 PULP?
- Best car for a sales rep?
- Experience with and Quality of Goodride tyre brand?
- What caused Kizashi limp mode?
- Kizashi on 91RON?
- Suzuki Kizashi Sport noise when setting off
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you need to know about PHEVs in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures