What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Kevin
I have a Mitsubishi Triton MK with a GVM of 2770. I would like to know how much towing weight I can use? I have a 2016 black series camper trailer with ATM of 1900kg and tare weight of 1380 kg. What towing weight do I have on the trailer?
Answered by CarsGuide27 May 2021
According to my specifications, the MK Triton, depending on its specification (engine type, body layout and drive system) has a towing capacity (of a braked trailer) of between 1500kg and 2200kg. At the lower end of that, your caravan when fully loaded would exceed that limit. Older utes like the MK Triton also – generally – have smaller payload and towing ratings than their newer relatives, but it’s also important to take into account the Gross Combination Mass limit which amounts to the total weight of the vehicle and whatever it’s towing. Again, in some cases, the Triton has a low GVM limit of just 4010kg which, even with your caravan at its lightest (unladen) would take your combination very close to that limit. At that point you also need to consider what you carry, including all your gear and even the weight of passengers on board. Fill the fuel tank or the van’s water tank and you could be in legal trouble if anything goes wrong. A visit to a weighbridge (some council tips have them) might be a good idea to see how close to the edge you really are.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- I have issues with the gearbox in my 2011 Triton 4X4 manual diesel. I can change up through gears first to fifth but can't go from fourth to third.
- I have a Mitsubishi Triton MB with around 80,000km and full service history, after it was towed to the Mitsubishi dealership, they told me there was an issue with engine oil sludge...
- My manual Mitsubishi Triton 2004 V6 petrol 4WD is having trouble coming out of neutral and going into gear...
- Do 2018 Mitsubishi Tritons have a timing chain or a belt?
- I can hear sounds of air sucking when the turbo is under load on my Mitsubishi Triton 2011. Do you have advice on this issue?
- What should I do if my 2011 Mitsubishi Triton makes a grinding noise when changing gears?
- What is causing my 2019 Mitsubishi Triton to have DPF issues?
- How do I add a leaf spring to the suspension of my 2010 Mitsubishi Triton?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The Eight best Electric utes heading to...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The Eight best Electric utes heading to Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing