What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Kevin
I have a Mitsubishi Triton MK with a GVM of 2770. I would like to know how much towing weight I can use? I have a 2016 black series camper trailer with ATM of 1900kg and tare weight of 1380 kg. What towing weight do I have on the trailer?
Answered by CarsGuide27 May 2021
According to my specifications, the MK Triton, depending on its specification (engine type, body layout and drive system) has a towing capacity (of a braked trailer) of between 1500kg and 2200kg. At the lower end of that, your caravan when fully loaded would exceed that limit. Older utes like the MK Triton also – generally – have smaller payload and towing ratings than their newer relatives, but it’s also important to take into account the Gross Combination Mass limit which amounts to the total weight of the vehicle and whatever it’s towing. Again, in some cases, the Triton has a low GVM limit of just 4010kg which, even with your caravan at its lightest (unladen) would take your combination very close to that limit. At that point you also need to consider what you carry, including all your gear and even the weight of passengers on board. Fill the fuel tank or the van’s water tank and you could be in legal trouble if anything goes wrong. A visit to a weighbridge (some council tips have them) might be a good idea to see how close to the edge you really are.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2008: Central locking issues
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything you need to know
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with G