What is the fuel economy like in the 2020 Isuzu D-Max?
Asked by Damien
What are the pros and cons and fuel economy of the 2020 Isuzu D-Max 3.0-litre. I'll be towing a caravan around Australia, is it worth buying?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Apr 2020
The D-Max would be a pretty good choice of vehicle for this task. The three-litre engine is well regarded in the trade and because it’s a little larger (in capacity) than some of its competition, it also has a bit more torque which is great for towing. With a 3.5-tonne towing capacity, it’s also up with the best of them.
As far as fuel consumption goes, you need to bear in mind that even though it’s a four-cylinder diesel engine doing the work, you’re actually asking quite a lot of it when you’re towing a caravan at highway speeds. With that in mind, you can forget about the official combined figure of 7.8 litres per 100km. Bank on at least double that and maybe a bit more, especially if the caravan is a bigger one.
Other Isuzu D-Max problems
- Does the 2014 Isuzu D-Max have a DPF filter in the exhaust system?
- Will a 2006 Isuzu nudge bar fit on my new 2021 Isuzu D-Max.
- What can I do after the engine cover arms of my 2019 Isuzu D-Max broke after being serviced?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Why doesn't my Android connect via Bluetooth in my 2017 Isuzu D-Max?
- Why wont the RPM of my 2015 Isuzu D-Max go higher than 2500?
- Why doesn't the radio work in my 2016 Isuzu D-Max?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?