What is the best safe and cost-effective car for my kids to drive?
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai i30
- Toyota Corolla
- Kia Cerato
- Mazda 3 2018
- Toyota Corolla 2019
- Hyundai i30 2019
- Kia Cerato 2019
- Hyundai Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Kia Cerato Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Kia Hatchback Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
Asked by Denise
We’re looking to buy a cost-effective, safe, fuel-efficient vehicle for our children to use. I'm thinking it will need to be about 2016, mid-sized, preferably a hatch, preferably with less than 30,000 km on the clock, preferably automatic. Where would you start me looking?
Answered by CarsGuide30 Aug 2019
The best approach is to buy a car from a well-respected brand, and stick with an Asian brand such as Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai or Kia rather than an European one. Models to consider would be a Toyota Corolla, Mazda3, Hyundai i30 or Kia Cerato.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- Is the 2021 Toyota Corolla air conditioning system reliable?
- What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- Cars that start with D
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
Cars that start with D