What car should I buy to replace my 2017 Toyota Aurion?
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Aurion
- Toyota Aurion 2017
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Camry Reviews
- Toyota Aurion Reviews
- Toyota Sedan Range
Asked by Simon
I have a 2017 Toyota Aurion which is a good car but with terribly uncomfortable front seats. I’m looking for something a bit larger and more comfortable/luxurious but not as expensive as a Lexus. Will Toyota Australia bring out the Crown? Is this safe to buy as a grey import? Or could the Avalon make a comeback? PS: I don’t like SUVs!
Answered by CarsGuide24 May 2021
It’s unlikely that Toyota Australia would introduce the Crown down under. That car is more or less a Japanese domestic-market vehicle and is considered too narrow for Australian (and North American) tastes. But plenty of Aussies have imported their own Toyota Crowns in recent years and, in fact, there are businesses in many locations devoted to importing these vehicles and selling them here. With that in mind, there’s less risk in buying an imported Crown than in owning some parallel (unofficial) imports because there’s a whole industry out there involved in parts and service for the model.
Perhaps another way to go would be to have the seats in your car re-padded to better suit your requirements. Maybe even a set of plush seat covers would provide the extra layer of comfort you’re after. If not, test drive the current-model Toyota Camry; it’s very Lexus-like in its refinement and comfort and, thanks to modern packaging, it’s huge inside. The hybrid version is excellent value and if more people test-drove the Camry, we reckon there’d be a few less SUVs sold.
Other Toyota Aurion problems
- Which pre-2010 Toyota Aurion model year is best?
- What car should I buy?
- Toyota Aurion 2009: Does it have a timing belt that requires replacement?
- Toyota Aurion: What car is more comfortable?
- Toyota Aurion 2006: Dashboard falling apart
- Best replacement for a Calais
- Toyota Corolla 2008: Specifications
- Toyota Aurion: Safety technology in the future?
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?