Volkswagen Golf 2019: Should I buy an Alltrack?
- Volkswagen Golf
- Volkswagen Golf 2019
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Golf Reviews
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by John
I am considering the purchase of a 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack and the issue is as follows: VW will not be manufacturing the Alltrack after this year, should this issue be a consideration when purchasing and will this impact on depreciation?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Feb 2020
It all depends on where you get your information from, John. Like you, I’ve certainly read reports that the Alltrack franchise is being put to rest in North America in favour of SUVs, but a quick chat with VW Australia revealed that the concept still has legs out here. Perhaps the confusion is over the USA market axing of the cars, while the Alltracks sold here are generally sourced from the German VW factory. In any case, you can expect to see Alltracks in VW showrooms for the foreseeable future.
The big question is whether they’ll be available with a diesel engine. My VW insider “hopes so” but recent reports that all VW passenger cars will be petrol powered puts that into doubt, even if the Alltrack models are classed by some sections of the trade as light-commercials. Even if the Alltrack concept survives with a diesel engine option, count on there being a petrol-powered variant available as well.
In any case, the notion of the Alltrack becoming a depreciation victim here because the USA stops selling them is not going to be a reality.
Other Volkswagen Golf problems
- Should I buy a 2020 Volkswagen Polo?
- My 2009 Volkswagen Golf is becoming expensive to repair, should I sell it?
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Volkswagen Golf 2013: A reliable replacement car
- What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
- Volkswagen Golf 2016 or Hyundai i30 2018: Are they reliable?
- Volkswagen Golf 2019: Does it need a 'Supplemental Service'?
- Volkswagen Golf 2012: Repair costs
Most viewed in Advice
- Cars that start with E
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Cars that start with G
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with N
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Cars that start with D
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cars that start with E
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Cars that start with G
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with N
Best small cars under $20,000
Cars that start with D