Vectra stalls after timing belt change
Asked by Tamara Cameron
I have just had the cam timing belt and spark plugs changed on my 2005 Holden Vectra V6 auto. Since then I have had problems with it stalling whilst I'm driving. Sometimes it stalls and the engine cuts out completely, other times it's like it almost stalls, but kicks back in again. It restarts straight away, but will continue to stall every couple of minutes or so. If I start it at home and just leave it running it will also cut-out and stop when it's stationary, so that makes me think that it's not a loose connection or anything electrical. It's currently in at Holden's getting looked at but after four days they can't seem to give me any answers.
Answered by CarsGuide26 Jun 2015
It sounds like they might have got the timing wrong when they installed the new belt. Have them recheck their work, and have them check the crank angle sensor.
Other Holden Vectra problems
- Holden Vectra 2000: Why is it cutting out?
- Holden Vectra 2004: How do I jump-start my car?
- Holden Vectra 2005: Tailgate won't unlock
- Holden Vectra 2002: Stuck ignition barrel
- How do I change a timing belt on a 2006 Holden Vectra and is it expensive?