Turbo replacement on a 2014 Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo 2014
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
Asked by Peter
My VW Polo is 3.5 years old and has been serviced every 10,000km. From new it had a whirr in it that sounded like something was off centre. Several trips back to the dealer failed to have it fixed until it gradually just disappeared. Having just had the 100,000km service I have been advised the turbo has been passing excess oil which has now been diagnosed as a failing turbo. The dealership explained that they've had to replace a few from that year, as it happened a bit to this model. VW have offered 70 per cent of parts with the turbo costing $3700 alone. I'm left out of pocket $2500 to replace a turbo that has obviously failed during the warranty period. I just feel it's pretty ordinary service for a company I would have thought would be trying to rebuild customer trust after fudging emission numbers.
Answered by CarsGuide15 Jun 2018
The car is now out of the 3-year warranty, so if you can’t prove that it did fail within the warranty period you will have trouble mounting a case to be fully compensated. The offer VW has made is a standard one typically used by carmakers.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- What can I do about the faulty AEB on my 2018 Volkswagen Polo?
- How is oil mixing with coolant in my 2015 Volkswagen Polo?
- My new used 2010 Volkswagen Polo already has problems, what should I do?
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- How reliable will your new car be?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
How reliable will your new car be?