Mitsubishi Triton 2016: Transmission shuddering
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Car Servicing
- Buying tips
Asked by Mal
I just drove a 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS automatic and noticed that when the boost comes on so does a shudder, which disappears a short time later. It does seem a bit disconcerting that a new car would do this. What is it going to be like as the kays mount or when towing a caravan? The sales manager reckoned all Tritons do it, but I would like your opinion/advice. Did I just get a car with a fault?
Answered by CarsGuide4 Nov 2016
Without knowing more about the vibration you report it's hard to diagnose a cause, but we note that other Triton owners complain about a vibration on takeoff, which I suspect could be what you experienced. If it is I understand the problem has been referred to Mitsubishi in Japan for a fix, and that it could be a result of the changes made to the rear suspension on that model. We can't say it will get worse with age or when towing, but if you are concerned about it then you perhaps you shouldn't buy the car.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2008: Central locking issues
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia