Ford Focus: Powershift transmission malfunction
- Ford Focus
- Ford Focus 2012
- Ford Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
Asked by Vinoth
I've got error "Transmission malfunction service now" on my 2012 Ford Focus. Is this anything related to dual-clutch PowerShift transmission problem? Also, does Ford take responsibility to fix this issue without charging me? I
believe I have 5 years extended warranty that expires on Jan 2018 and my car is currently inspected by Ford mechanics.
Answered by CarsGuide15 Dec 2017
There’s every chance that it is the dreaded PowerShift transmission problem. Ford generally takes responsibility for the problem, so it would be in your best interest to contact Ford and register your problem with its customer assistance people (13 3673), particularly if your warranty is about to expire next month. It's well documented the dual-clutch transmissions in the Ford Focus and Fiesta have issues.
There is a class action underway against Ford over the problems with the Focus automatic transmission. More information can be found here.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Ford Focus 2004: Can the engine from a 2000 Focus fit in it?
- Does the 2014 Ford Focus Trend have transmission issues?
- What sort of car would be best suited for a sales staff worker?