Ford Focus: Powershift transmission malfunction
Asked by Vinoth
I've got error "Transmission malfunction service now" on my 2012 Ford Focus. Is this anything related to dual-clutch PowerShift transmission problem? Also, does Ford take responsibility to fix this issue without charging me? I
believe I have 5 years extended warranty that expires on Jan 2018 and my car is currently inspected by Ford mechanics.
Answered by CarsGuide15 Dec 2017
There’s every chance that it is the dreaded PowerShift transmission problem. Ford generally takes responsibility for the problem, so it would be in your best interest to contact Ford and register your problem with its customer assistance people (13 3673), particularly if your warranty is about to expire next month. It's well documented the dual-clutch transmissions in the Ford Focus and Fiesta have issues.
There is a class action underway against Ford over the problems with the Focus automatic transmission. More information can be found here.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will a Ford Focus radiator work on a 2002 Ford Cougar?
- The front passenger tyre on my 2006 Ford Focus fell off. Are the axles on the 2002 and 2006 Ford Focus interchangeable?
- I need a new front driver's door for my 2014 Ford Focus, will a 2012 or 2016 Ford Focus door work?
- Will headlights from a 2005 Ford Focus interchange with a 2000 Ford Focus?
- Should I sell my 2004 Ford Focus to the wreckers?
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia