Toyota LandCruiser: safety features faulty on second hand model
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2004
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- 7 seater
- Car Servicing
- Buying tips
Asked by Robert Magurean
I purchased a 2004 Toyota Landcruiser 100 series last year. It had done over 200,000 km and had no warranty with it, but after buying it I discovered that the airbag indicator light on the dash was not working. Can the dealer sell a motor vehicle with some of its safety features faulty, even though there is no mechanical warranty on the car?
Answered by CarsGuide29 Sep 2011
Warning lights are not usually checked on cars prior to sale, but I would expect a dealer would repair the fault when it was pointed out to him.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Why can't my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series select the top gear?
- I have a kerosene-like smell coming from my 2006 Toyota LandCruiser exhaust when I am idling.
- Do you think it's service overkill for Toyota to say it requires a service equivalent to a 75,000kms service?
- Should I buy a 2014 Toyota LandCruiser if there is visible rust?
- Is the rear bumper interchangeable between a 1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado and a 1998 Prado Grande?
- Will the new 2021 Toyota Landcruiser 300 Series have the centre console fridge?
- Which of the Toyota LandCruiser is the most best?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- EPIRB: What are they, cost & which one should...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- P plate legal cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
EPIRB: What are they, cost & which one should I buy?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
P plate legal cars in Australia