Toyota Land Cruiser GXL 2018: Auto transmission issues
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2018
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Rach
We have just clocked up 18,000 km on our 2018 Toyota LandCruiser GXL and it seems there may be a big problem with the auto transmission. We were travelling at 100 km/h and all of a sudden revving it’s head off at 3000 rpm then a bit of a clunk into the right gear. A bunch of warning lights came up (pre-crash warning, engine light, traction control and a take to your nearest dealer warning). Took it straight to the nearest dealer, which was 70 km from where this occurred. Any idea as to what the issue could possibly be?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jul 2019
It could any number of things and the dealer should be able to identify and rectify the cause for you. It could be as simple as a faulty solenoid in the transmission, a problem with the car’s computer, or a dodgy electrical connection.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009: Why is my car beeping when I touch the brake pedal?
- What is the bet car for towing?
- What is the most expensive Toyota?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia