Toyota Kluger 2019: Why are my seats making so much noise?
Asked by Brooke
Have you heard reports of people complaining about the middle seats rubbing together and making noise on the Toyota Kluger 2019? If so, has anyone been able to get Toyota to fix the issue? The manager at the Toyota dealership advised me all of the latest model Klugers have this issue and there is nothing they can do to fix it. He can only suggest I partly lay one of the seats down, put a cloth between the seats or condition the seats on a weekly basis.
This is a brand-new car so I am struggling to believe there is nothing that can be done. I have tried to find other people reporting this issue online however I can't find one report.
Answered by CarsGuide29 Feb 2020
I haven’t heard of this one before, Brooke, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist in other Klugers, rather that other owners don’t find it as annoying as you clearly do. I have to agree with the dealer, though, in that conditioning the leather regularly would keep it supple. Chances are that the harder the leather becomes (with age and UV radiation) the more likely it is to squeak. Conditioning the seats will ensure they don’t split, too. Perhaps there’s a conditioning product that is designed specifically to stop squeaking leather, although from what I can see on most labelling, the majority of them already claim this as one of the product’s qualities.
I can understand why you might not want to spend all your time in the car with one seat folded down (Klugers are usually bought for their passenger-carrying abilities, after all) but perhaps carefully placing a soft cloth or old towel between the offending bits of leather really would do the trick. But here’s a tip that has been proven to work in the past: sprinkle a little baby powder on the offending sections of leather. It seems to work for leather shoes, so perhaps it will work in a Toyota.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- My 2017 Toyota Kluger is just out of warranty and needs a new water pump, should Toyota cover the cost?
- Why did my 2018 Toyota Kluger jump from drive into neutral?
- Which Toyota Kluger models have a GPS?
- Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
- What mid-size SUV has the power to tow a small caravan?
- Toyota Kluger 2015: Does it have inbuilt GPS?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?