Toyota Kluger 2013: Radio replacement
- Toyota Kluger
- Toyota Kluger 2013
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Toyota People mover Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- 7 seater
- Family Cars
Asked by Jeff
I purchased a brand new 2013 Toyota Kluger Altitude with Sat Nav included. Throughout the cars history the radio head unit has been losing satellites, slow to enter addresses and this was reported through all services. Two months ago after a flat battery, the radio had an error message unable to read SD or Program. Toyota service said the radio is dead and its $2000 for a new one. After complaining they offered me one at half price. It is made by Fujitsu but Toyota cannot tell me what the error code "800539" on the screen means. I am suspicious it is only a corrupted SD Card, as it is not recognised via their map upgrade software nor does the card appear as a drive in windows disk manager and I do not get a drive number assigned. I have tried many times through device manager to reload drivers, etc. but the USB reader keeps loading and dropping the SD card and Toyota maps software keeps flicking every time this happens, which indicates it cannot also read the SD card. I am now forced to go through consumer affairs based on an "expected warranty of a product". I see the same issue with Corolla Head units. Has any one experienced this and solved it? I believe Fujitsu who makes the radios should be talking to Toyota and Toyota should know Fujitsu Error codes for the millions of radios they must purchase!
Answered by CarsGuide10 May 2019
It isn’t something that has appeared on our radar, but I can’t believe that Toyota wouldn’t be able to fix it. You should consult Toyota’s customer assistance people and lodge your concerns with them.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- What is the longevity of diesel-powered SUV and Passenger vehicles in Australia?
- Why does my 2011 Toyota Kluger turn off when I turn sharp corners?
- My 2017 Toyota Kluger is just out of warranty and needs a new water pump, should Toyota cover the cost?
- Why did my 2018 Toyota Kluger jump from drive into neutral?
- Which Toyota Kluger models have a GPS?
- Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia