Toyota Corolla 2019: Which engine should we choose?
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla 2019
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
- Buying tips
- Buyers Guide
Asked by Catherine
We’re about to buy a new car. We’ve pretty much decided on the 2019 Toyota Corolla Touring Sports, which is a hybrid estate car. Typically we use the car 2-3 times a week for distances of 5-25 km, some motorway, some rural driving. Every three months or so we take a round trip of 1000 km. Should we buy the car in 1.8 or 2.0-litre engine?
Answered by CarsGuide15 Mar 2019
The 2.0-litre engine would be the better choice for your longer trips where the petrol engine would play a greater role than it will in local driving. If you go for the 1.8-litre you would lose a little performance on those trips, but it would be the better choice for use around town.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- How do you connect Bluetooth in a Toyota Corolla?
- Does the Toyota Corolla have Apple CarPlay & Android Auto?
- Is the 2021 Toyota Corolla air conditioning system reliable?
- What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?