To gas or not to gas
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2005
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Graham Studd
I WOULD like to convert my 100 series Toyota LandCruiser V8 to sequential vapour injection gas. Would it have any adverse effect on the engine, and if so, should I modify the heads and change the valves? Would an upper cylinder lubricant help? How often should I run it on petrol?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Oct 2005
NO THERE won't be any adverse effect on your engine, and with sequential vapour injection you won't notice any difference in performance. You can use an upper cylinder lubricant for a little extra protection as LPG is drier and therefore harsher on valves and valve seats than unleaded petrol, but it's a precaution rather than a necessity. Running the engine on petrol once a week will prevent the seals in the fuel system from drying out and hardening.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Will the new 2021 Toyota Landcruiser 300 Series have the centre console fridge?
- Which of the Toyota LandCruiser is the most best?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cars that start with E
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Cars that start with G
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with N
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Cars that start with D
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cars that start with E
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Cars that start with G
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with N
Best small cars under $20,000
Cars that start with D