Subaru Impreza 2017: Window suddenly shattered
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Impreza 2017
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Subaru Sedan Range
Asked by R
Whilst driving my 2017 Subaru Impreza, the driver's side front power window suddenly shattered. There was no indication of anything being thrown at it for it to explode. I did not see anything in my peripheral vision nor anything on my dash cam footage to show that something up ahead could throw something at my window when I passed. Through research, I determined that it was likely from the rare occurrence of 'spontaneous glass breakage'. Subaru would not cover the glass breakage under warranty. I'm wondering if I should pursue it further with NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to review Subaru's decision and potentially overturn their decision?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Jan 2019
If you've got dash cam footage that conclusively shows the breakage wasn't caused by some external impact I would say, yes, pursue it. But if there weren't conclusive proof that it wasn't caused by an object impacting the glass I wouldn't go any further.
Other Subaru Impreza problems
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2008: Good price range
- What car should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- What is the cheapest Subaru?
- Subaru Impreza 2011: Fitting out exhaust, custom lights and body kit
- Subaru Impreza 2010: Can the RS fit a Holden LS1 engine?
- Subaru Impreza 1995: How much can it tow?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia